Submitting Digital Images for Diagnosis
The Plant Sample Submission app is a new way to submit digital images to the Schutter Lab when you are on the go.
Digital Photo Tips
Our diagnoses are much more accurate when we have good photos!
- Photos must be in focus. Check the photos before you submit them.
- You can send up to 10 photos/sample.
- Include a size reference in the photo. A coin or a ruler works well.
- For plant disease or other plant problems, include images of the whole plant as well as close ups of affected area.
- For plant ID, include images of the whole plant as well as close ups of plant parts like flowers and leaves.
- For insect ID, include host identification (for example, green ash). If the host is not a plant, describe environment of collection site (for example, kitchen windowsill, basement, bag of rice).
- Include as much information as possible. Host plant, collection date, collection location, planting date, age of plant, pesticides used, number of plants affected, patterns in the field, etc.