Schutter Diagnostic Lab
Please read the following changes to our operations due to COVID-19:
- We encourage you to submit your samples digitally and we will ask for a physical sample if needed. You can email us photos or try our sample submission app.
- We are open for walk-in clients from 9:00 to 12:00 Monday - Friday.
- For walk-in clients: please wear a mask, keep a 6-foot distance from staff and other clients, and wash your hands before and after visiting our lab.
- We do not process human-related insect identification samples such as scotch tape samples from skin, hair, or other tissue samples. Insect identification samples must be a visible insect or arthropod that can be placed in a collecting jar or vial.
- Refer to updated MSU policies on COVID-19 for more information.
Services provided by the Schutter Diagnostic Lab include diagnosis of plant diseases, insect damage, and environmental plant problems, as well as visual assessment of herbicide injury to plants. We also provide identification services for plants, insects, and mushrooms and give management recommendations when needed.
Integrated Pest Management Success Stories
Watch two new videos about the impacts we've had on our community.
Streamline Farms is a hydroponic greenhouse with a focus on organic production of beefsteak tomatoes. They utilize IPM tactics to manage pests and disease in this controlled environment. Watch on Youtube
Museum of the Rockies
Melissa Dawn is the Assistant Registrar of the Museum of the Rockies. She describes the IPM tactics that have been put into place at the museum to protect the cultural history collection. Watch on Youtube
To keep informed about trends and current issues in Montana agriculture and urban environments see the links below. You can also sign up to receive these alerts by text and/or email.